13 July 2005

Last Final!

Yippe-i-yay! I just finished my last final exam!
It was totally not hard, except that I had a mind-block one one question.
This afternoon we will just be finishing our last file, and then packing up our things.
Today is Tacky Toursit/Hawaiian Day, as well as our potluck lunch. Alison and I scared up an outfit for me the other day - I'm wearing a scratchy grass skirt, sandals, a flower in my hair, a very loud shirt, and a lei. All the girls have dressed up. One girl from the Medical class looks absolutely hilarious. I just caught a glimpse of her, so I didn't get the total effect, but even that was funny. She is a hillbilly: blackened teeth, ratty hair, etc. She flashed me a smile and made me do a double take. My teacher Lola is wearing a bright pink straw hat with ties, an even brighter vest, and shorts. Tammy has a grass skirt too, and enormous sunglasses. I think we make a rather interesting crowd. I made sure to take proper office clothes along in case I get a call to come to an interview today. Wouldn't that make a perfect impression now! "Hello... uh, no, this really isn't the way I dress everyday for the office..."
Sometime today we have to finish the oversized card we're supposed to be making for Lola. We got her a plaque thingy with her name engraved on it as a parting gift. To my classmates, I'm just going to give a pen that is an ostrich with a grad cap. It's enough that I have to speak at grad for them.
Tomorrow we are going to the courthouse and the law library in Edmonton, and then we will round off things here.
And Friday is grad! I'm really excited because we will finally be free of homework in the evenings, and I will be able to get a good job (hopefully). Now I'm even more glad than I was when we began that the course is only half a year. The two-year program at Grant MacEwan would have been a bit much. It's going to be a more casual grad, not prom dresses and all. My class voted me to speak for them, so I'm glad I'm not going to have a formal dress, or I'd probably suffocate. Some of my family and Alison are coming, so I'm sure I'll have photos sometime soon.
I probably won't be able to post again till after the weekend. Hope to see more of all of you then, my friends!

8 comments:

lilshortbread said...

looked like you all had so much fun! dress-up days are always a riot eh? :-D i feel awful i didn't brign the camera. :-(

lilshortbread said...

have a fantabulous trip to the courthouse and law libraires! :-D You look SMASHING laura!!!! :-D

CraftyHourMom said...

thank you alison! we did have a great trip.

Alyson Sunny said...

Yippee for dress up days and fun days to look SMashing!!!! ( I hope you did nto smash anything!) CONGRATS on your grad! I will talk to you when I get home!

Henners said...

Yay for Laura! Congrats, Congrats...

I think I want to be a hillbilly. Care free and no worries.. Thats the life. Not sure bout them black teeth though, I dont want to be like the british.

-henners

btw, Yay for Monkeys! (unrelated, but important...)

Alyson Sunny said...

Henry your such a cute little monkey!

CraftyHourMom said...

i have to agree :-D

Henners said...

Heh... Thanks, I think.. :-P