27 February 2005

HelloHelloHello!

I figured I’d better post again so you’ll all know I’m still alive.

My first week of school is over. So far it has been fairly basic. I’m good with the English part of it, as that was always my favourite subject. And the computer part makes sense to me so far. On Friday we learned about different types of software. Coming Tuesday is our first test on computers. I think I should be ok with most of it, but I want to get the highest mark I possibly can.
Tomorrow we have a field trip. Our computer class is going to CD Computers here in Spruce Grove to "shop" for a computer.
The only thing I don’t like about the college is that it is across the tracks. I have very nearly been late a couple of times. I’m trying to figure out when the trains run, but they sometimes vary as much as 10-15 minutes.
Alison has a membership with the Tri-Municipal Leisure Centre, so the other day I went and got one too. We went there on Friday after a trip to Tall Girl in West Edmonton Mall. I’ve never worked out before, so it was all new to me. First we both tried out one of those upright elliptical bike thingys. That actually was really fun. You have to enter your weight, age, and the amount of time you want to go for. Then it tells you what your heart rate should be while you’re working. If you much over the suggested rate, the machine tells you to slow down and cool down. After that, we wandered around the weights room, looking at the different fitness machines. Then we each picked out some light weights and hefted them around a bit. That is supposed to strengthen your wrists, but I don’t think it did much for me. Finally we went upstairs to the overhead indoor track and did about two miles alternating walking and walking. The track goes around above the two soccer pitches, so we could watch two different games from several vantage points. It was great, but I sure discovered how out of shape I am. We hope to go every day, or something like that. Then maybe by summer the two of us can bike to school and work.

This morning Steve and I went to First Presbyterian downtown Edmonton. It was a different service than I’m used to, but it was good. It’s a really beautiful old church, built in 1901, one of the first in Edmonton. They have a good organ there, and a choir.

Have a great week, everyone!

2 comments:

Isaiah Eyre said...

Good organs are awesome (and not just the kind that keep you alive and breathing). The only problem is if they're used in worship, there's almost no point in singing since the organ dominates the congregation. They have a really nice one at St. John's Cathedral in Spokane.

lilshortbread said...

LOL laura, those machines are called cross-trainers. ;-) *chuckles*
I keep laughing about Keenan sayin we're officially sisters now,cuzza the pass deal-y. X-D :-D