18 February 2005

Yippee!

Today is my last day of work. I will bring my computer and my last work to my boss this evening probably, and then I am forever finished! Then I have to concentrate on my packing. I didn’t think there’d be much to take along, as it is not a permanent move. But as I have been going through my things, I’ve realized how much I need to have for six months. Clothes, of course. And then a few books I must have, although I can go to the library in Spruce Grove if I have time. Then I need my stationary, calligraphy pens and supplies, and some of my CDs. My flute and music have to come along; maybe I will have a little time to practice, and Fiona plays piano, and Alison the violin, so that would be fun. Oh, and I mustn’t forget the shoes. I don’t have as many as some people (*cheeky grin*), but there are enough essential pairs of footwear that must come along. The list continues, but I’ll let it rest.
My dad just phoned. He took my car in for an oil change before I move, and lo and behold, the rear brakes need to be replaced too. I declare, that car devours money, with no significant return. On top of that, they won’t have the parts in until Tuesday (the day after I move!), so I’m not sure what I’ll be doing yet. We’ll have to see.

5 comments:

Isaiah Eyre said...

I bet the brakes aren't as bad as they want you to think they are. ;-)

CraftyHourMom said...

actually, they are. they put the car up on the jack and loosened the brake drum thingies(?) and the brakes pads fell out because they were so warn. :-O

Isaiah Eyre said...

If the calipers were bad, then yeah, it will probably be more expensive, but if it was just the pads, those are cheap and easy to replace yourself. ;-)

CraftyHourMom said...

i'm clueless about cars, but they quoted $200-300 to fix them. sounds serious to me :-D

Isaiah Eyre said...

Eh, $200-$300 is actually pretty minor as far as repairs go. ;-) My last car repair bill was about $900, but it was all paid with an insurance settlement I got from a small accident (some guy hit my car while it was parked), with about $300 leftover.