08 February 2005

Various and Sundry

This past weekend we were in Spruce Grove again, this time, to paint the room I will be staying in. Alison and I started painting after supper, while Fiona and Emily went out bowling with some friends. We began with a cobalt blue, painting the bottom third or so of the walls. Because the paint underneath was fairly fresh and not cured, we couldn't mask it off without damaging it. So we drew a line on the wall with the aid of a tape measure, string, and a ruler. We carefully put on two coats that evening, going to bed fairly late. The next morning we drove into town to get the pearl glaze we wanted from Benjamin Moore. Putting the pearl glaze on was interesting. We used a six-inch wide roller, and it didn't go on that smooth, so we covered with a 2-inch foam roller. Interesting effect by the time we were done. Recurrent: "Um, really we meant to do that!" Then we went back to town again, I got my ears pierced finally, we picked up photos from the drugstore, bought pizza, Chapman's Cherry Fozen yoghurt, and ice cream bars, went home, and ate it all, as well as two bag of chips we had purchased the day before, while watching a movie.

Yesterday I had to go to Westlock to bring Dad his lunch, which he had forgotten. As Westlock is about a 45-minute drive, I had a good number of errands to do. I picked up my paycheck from my work first. My boss asked me to pick up a couple of parts for his water distiller from Westlock. No problem, I thought. When I got to Westlock, I brought Dad his lunch, then picked up the parts for Mr. Janssen. The brain-dead (her words, not mine) sales-lady gave me the wrong part at first because she wasn’t listening. By the time I had the right thing, I was a little flustered, so I promptly forgot the old parts there. I went to the grocery store, and did some major shopping for Mom. Then I had some lunch. I had to be back to Janssen’s by 1:30 so I could bring my boss’s son to a party. On the way I picked up the mail for him. When I got there and talked to my boss, I discovered I had totally screwed up his errand — part miscommunication, part flutter-headedness on my part. Grrrrr. Then I went home to get in a couple of hours of work before supper.
Anyway, that was yesterday.

Today I just worked all day. I was doing preliminary work on 1 Chronicles today, which mostly doesn’t need much deep thinking. So I finally had a chance to really listen to the whole of the CD Isaiah sent us, Redemption Songs by the Sons of Korah, an Australian group. I really enjoyed it, especially the third track, on Psalm 117. I love the way that one opens. It has a sort of Jewish feel to it, a bit like another disk we have of Christian Jewish music. I never can describe music, so I won’t try. Go out and get it, or ask me to let you hear it next time you’re out here. Anyway, thanks from all, Isaiah.
Now I have to see if I can squeeeeeeze in a bit more computer time before bed. Night all.

(to steal a sunny word:) yoiks, this is long

2 comments:

Isaiah Eyre said...

Track 3 is probably my favorite. I can listen to it over and over and over. ;-) Also Psalm 126. I'm glad you're enjoying it. They're hard to find - hopefully more people will discover their music and it won't be so hard to find anymore, eh?

CraftyHourMom said...

yeah.