20 February 2005

[this was supposed to be posted last night]

1. Your name spelled backwards. edetsfoh arual

2. Where were your parents from? Dad was born in Smithers, B.C. to immigrant parents. When he was ten or so, they moved back to the Netherlands. Mom was born on a farm near Groningen, the Netherlands.

3. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer? New version of Messenger.

4. What's your favourite restaurant? I haven’t been to a great variety of restaurants, but my favourite is probably Tim Hortons. Eastside Marios is great too; and I love Chinese.

5. Last time you swam in a pool? Probably about a year ago. We rarely go swimming, because the pools around here are all two-bit, one-horse deals. Now THE place to swim is West Edmonton Mall Waterpark. You can’t really swim lengths there or anything, but they have a vast assortment of slides and rides, and a wave pool. The only thing is it’s quite pricey (hence I haven’t been for a while :-/ ).

6. Have you ever been in a school play? In grade 1 we did The Three Little Pigs. I was the big bad wolf with a big smelly nose I had to wear. Later when we started homeschooling, we did a production called A Tour of the Americas with our group. I was Brer Terrapin, friend of Brer Rabbit, with a papier-mache shell on my back.

7. How many kids do you want? As many as God sees fit to bless me with. I think a large family is wonderful, having grown up with 7 siblings, but I’ll have to see if I can handle that myself one day. :-)

8. Type of music you dislike most? New-Agey type music, such as Crystal Method, my brother’s current favourite (or was last time I saw him anyway). And any music that plays too long. I like variety.

9. Are you registered to vote? Yes indeed.

10. Do you have cable? Uh-uh.

11. Have you ever ridden on a moped? Yes, I have. My cousin took me for a spin when we went to Holland when I was 16. Though I think he called it a “brom-fiets” (free translation: noisy bike).

12. Ever prank call anybody? Once, and it wasn’t my fault. :-) The girl I was with dialled a number, handed me the phone, and told me to ask the person who answered to come to her party. I was pretty naïve, and did it (hey, I was like 11). I forget who answered, but we both got in trouble.

13. Ever get a parking ticket? Never. But then I haven’t parked much where such objects are distributed. Ask me again, after my college stint is over. :-)

14. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? Definitely not. Like Rita said, “If at first you don’t succeed, sky diving is not for you.” Rather not take that particular risk.

15. Farthest place you ever traveled. The Netherlands/Germany.

16. Do you have a garden? Gardening is a big thing in our family. We’ve always had a very large vegetable garden, but I didn’t have time to work much in it last summer.

17. What's your favourite comic strip? Garfield? No real preference. Whatever’s around that’s funny.

18. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem? I know the first and fourth verses, which is more than most Canadians. I’m also a Dutch citizen, and I know the first verse of the Wilhelmus too.

19. Bath or Shower, morning or night? I like both, but rarely have time for a bath (not to mention it empties the water tank :-/ ).

20. Best movie you've seen in the past month? Spiderman.

21. Favourite pizza topping? I couldn’t isolate a single favourite ingredient. Pizza is a favourite though.

22. Chips or popcorn? Salted corn chips with hot salsa, THE best.

23. What colour lipstick do you usually wear? I don’t wear lipstick, just lip balms, lip smackers, and lip shines. But they are all natural pinks.

24. Have you ever smoked peanut shells? You learn something new every day. No, I haven’t smoked peanut shells. I once smoked a hollow reed, though. Steve put me up to it.

25. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant? Me?

26. Orange Juice or apple? OJ

27. Who was the last person you went out to dinner with and where did you dine? I seriously can’t remember. Probably a fast bite at Tim Horton’s with Alison and Fiona when we were in the city a while ago.

28. Favourite type chocolate bar? O Henry bars. They aren’t too terribly adulterated with other substances (like Eat Mores – yech!)

29. When was the last time you voted at the polls? Past summer, provincial election.

30. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato? Last summer mom had some really good ones. I took them to work instead of an apple.

31. Have you ever won a trophy? Not unless you count 4-H ribbons and medals.

32. Are you a good cook? I don’t remember… haven’t cooked in a while. I used to be.

33. Do you know how to pump your own gas? Uhhuh. I’m a big girl. (although once the cap was screwed on a bit sideways, and I had to get a big strong guy also gassing up to loosen it for me :-/ )

34. Ever order an article from an infomercial? Never watch tv.

35. Sprite or 7-up? Gross. Give me root beer or coke any day. Different names for the same thing, anyway.

36. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work? no

37. Last thing you bought at a pharmacy? Vitamin C

38. Ever throw up in public? Personal question X-D Actually, I don’t remember. Of course as a baby, probably plenty of times.

39. Would you prefer being a millionaire or find true love? Only one answer to that: love first (I’ll gladly accept both if they come together :-D )

40. Do you believe in love at first sight? No experience to speak from. But I would probably say no.

41. Ever call a 1-900 number? nope

42. Can ex's be friends? Again, no experience.

43. Who was the last person you visited in a hospital? Alicia Thompson when her son was born.

44. Did you have a lot of hair when you were a baby? I can’t remember :-) (Just asked mom, and she says I did.)

45. What message is on your answering machine? My cell-phone has just your typical message, but I want to find a more unique, or at least interesting, one. Suggestions?

46. What's your all time favourite Saturday Night Live Character? No tv :-

47. What was the name of your first pet? Max, actually a family pet, is the first one I can remember. He was a really cute kitty, whose mother taught him to drink out of the toilet bowl when no one was watching. He carried the habit to our home, until we all learned to leave the lid shut.

48. What is in your purse? You don’t want to know! Actually, I'm not sure I even know what’s all in it. :-/

49. Favorite thing to do before bedtime? Internet – chatting, blogging, reading other blogs, etc.

50. What is one thing you are grateful for today? I finished my new denim book bag and got all my errands done.

4 comments:

lilshortbread said...

u went swimming in GP in september.... at the super 8 with fiona, amy and emily, no? ;-)

CraftyHourMom said...

o rite, i forgot. :-D

Emily said...

hey! you voted in the provincial election in november or whenever that was. altho you did feel sick that say and we dragged you out of bed just before the polls closed. remember?

CraftyHourMom said...

guess you're right, emily.
:-)