04 February 2005

I think I will name my car La Guillotine

This morning I had to change a tire on my car. I opened the trunk to get out the spare and the jack. It was really cold, so the hydraulic thingy on the door of the trunk was sluggish. I had my head inside, getting the stuff out, when it came down with a bang. Near-decapitation. Then later Mom wanted me in the computer-room to show her something. Our computer-room has a half-door. Usually you can bash through it without turning the handle. But infrequently someone will close it tight and the handle has to be turned all the way. This was one of those times. I didn’t bother to check as I was in a hurry. I put my hand on the door and walked right into it with a lot of force, squashing my hand good and proper and knocking the breath out of me. Good thing only the left hand. Must not be my day.

2 comments:

Isaiah Eyre said...

The hydraulics on my trunk are completely gone, so I have to prop it up with a piece of wood. If that thing ever came down on me, I could probably be put in a coma or dead... it's heavy.

Anonymous said...

I've done the same thing with our front door. It was broken for a while, and you could just smash it with your hip (your arms usually being filled with groceries or babies or something) and walk on in. Then we got it fixed. I definitely slammed myself into it once or twice before my brain began to remember "Uh, don't do that."
-Rita