17 February 2005

No Hockey

The NHL lockout is finally over. The players association and the team couldn’t come to a financial arrangement, so yesterday they announced that there would be no season at all. Not like I’m an avid hockey fan or anything, but I did enjoy the occasional game on the air. Last year I listened to the Stanley Cup playoffs between the Calgary Flames and Tampa Bay. Anyway, the whole of Western Canada is practically in mourning. To quote the radio sports report yesterday, "Hockey will never be the same again."

2 comments:

fiona said...

I personally have lost no sleep over the idea of no more NHL hockey. To me, watching one of our local teams brings much more pleasure (and hurts the pocketbook less) - plus there are less "boxing matches" during the games ;-).

CraftyHourMom said...

i've never seen a live game. i just like the frenzied radio broadcast